Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The start of apron mania

I never wore them, but maybe now I will. aprons. I'm such a slob and my clothes get wrecked when I cook or work in the garden, so it would be a good idea to wear an apron, but these are too pretty to mess up.

I'd like to get into making more artsy and funky aprons but I haven't made an apron since 1960 something in my first sewing class. So before I get all artistic, it's time for the basics. The first one made without a pattern is my faux poodle skirt pink apron. It features a cute little poodle I picked up at Joann's in the iron on decal section. Too cute to actually wear for cooking. Maybe I'll have to hostess a dinner party or something.




This is the second apron I made without a pattern. It's a full length job that features cocktail waitresses.



as always click for larger picture.

Today I am going to a rally at the park across the street from me to see Crosby and Nash. Woohoo!