Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Completed Bag

Isn't it odd that I made jewelry and bags and I don't wear bags or jewelry?
What is up with that?

I fell in love with this Birdie Sling by Amy Butler pattern and ordered it despite my dwindling funds. I had the very textural fabrics in my stash. It's kind of weird that it's November 23rd and the temp is below freezing and I made such a summery bag. Guess I'll be all set to shop on aa tropical vacation this winter. I wish. It has 2 roomy pockets which didn't photograph well because of the wild tie died/quilted fabric I used in the lining. So you won't be seeing those pics.






I'm trying very hard not to buy fabric and to use up what I have. Anyway, I think I'll vacuum the dining room floor today and put away the sewing stuff for now and take out the polymer clay since receiving these 2 books in the past 2 weeks: Polymer Clay and Mixed Media, Together at Last by Christi Friesen and The Art of Polymer Clay Millefiori Techniques by Donna Kato. I have taken classes from both of these amazing ladies and can't wait to dig into some new projects.