Friday, February 27, 2009

Cabin Fever Clay Festival

I had the most fun at the Cabin Fever Clay Festival this past week in Laurel Maryland. Most of all, I learned some amazing new techniques. As per usual, I didn't finish any projects but I bring you some of what is in various stages of completion from a few classes I took. I still have to find the rest of the incomplete stuff as I unpack.... I know... I know...

This picture doesn't do these pendants any justice. I must finish one of these as a necklace that matches the silks that teacher, Julie Picarello gave us. I call this, A River Runs Through It... very original.


Nan Roche brought fabulous Japanese molds and we made some pretty spectacular creations from the molds. I think this looks like wood.


This lotus pod mold is rather large but it really looks like bronze, doesn't it?


That's gold leaf on black clay. I like how it looks and feels.


These were really fun beads to make in Sarah Shriver's class. I really have to do the technique again at home to get them the way I want them, but overall, I was very pleased with the technique and want to do it again.


My most favorite beads were the Big Amber Beads taught by Tori Hughes. I think these look very real and straight out of Africa.



I suppose if I took more than 5 seconds to set up shots and set up the camera correctly, I could get better photos of the class results, but those of you who know me, know that this is the best you're going to get.